Friday, 20 September 2013

Opie Task Evaluation: Tom Millett


Opie Task Evaluation: Tom Millett


This was my first ever experience with Photoshop and I am happy with the result overall. At first, we created the hair layer using the loop tool to create the hair for our Opie design. I had then realized that I had started editing the photo on the wrong layer, which had made the photo itself have rather dodgy looking hair and questionable highlights from the hair highlights layer. This was because I had to erase my real hair from the photo due to me creating the hair on the photo layer instead of the hair layer by accident. I did then fin the rest of the task fairly easy afterwards; maybe apart from when I had to draw the outline of the t-shirt, which was a bit for me as I am sat in the corner of the class and have a lack of width. This made it tough for me to outline the neck of the t-shirt. I did feel that at times I was lagging behind in lesson due to my previous errors also.
 
However I am happy with the final result to be completely honest. There will always be a first time at everything and I didn’t expect to be the Photoshop Picasso in my first lesson and I am pleased with what was produced at the end.
I feel this was a good starter lesson for Photoshop as it was a basic, fun activity that everyone could do and I am looking forward to more advanced lessons in Photoshop. I found the lesson interesting for starters like myself and enjoyed the task at the end of the day. I found the help very useful to get me on track to finishing the task!


In this task I was told to evaluate my performance in the Opie task that I was given. This is what I had to say. It was important for me to start with this task as an introductory one as it introduced me to Photoshop and what you can be able to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment