Wednesday, 25 September 2013

The Night Before (60 second evaluation)


The Night Before (60 second evaluation)

I enjoyed the experience while filming the short film very much so as it was highly exciting to see something I have wrote to be presented in film format for the first time ever.

It started with the writing of the script and the storyboard, which was done by Jack, and me, which was a very cool experience. However we had issues printing of the script on the day of filming due to technical issues that set us back quite a bit and limited the time in general to film on the first day. On top of that the location that we would have liked to use for the film (the library) was too busy to use for the recording of the film so we had to relocate to a picnic bench outside the college which made us have to rethink the camera angles that would be used in the final cut.

On the second day we did the filming easily as we were 100% certain on what we needed to do for the film. We mainly used a point of view perspective for the film, as it would give a sense of a real conversion that would happen to anyone. We then edited the film in final cut were we cut down the majority of the shots and made the film about 60 seconds long. In conclusion I feel that it was a helpful experience that was a very enjoyable thing to film, edit and I can’t wait to film another for my coursework!

In this task I was told to evaluate how I did in the 60 second film we made. This is what I did. This is important because it shows that I can evaluate and discuss my film in depth and appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment