Thursday, 19 December 2013

Audience profile

In my survey I have discovered that the majority of the horror fans were male and were in at the most their early twenties. They seemed open to the idea of my film and would watch it out of interest as it would be challenging many of the conventions that are set within horror films. Their interests didn't just stay with horror films as they were also interested in action and thriller films. The fact they seemed to be also interested in thriller film gives me the confidence to challenge the stereotypical Horror genre. I think the audience would be accepting if I blended ideas of other genres into my film as it could have a much larger appeal to my audience.

This sort of feedback while brief is useful as it makes me more confident in going for the Horror genre instad of the thriller genre due to the interest for a horror film is much greater than expected. There was one exception to all of this which was a woman who was very against Horror. She was in her mid twenties and did not like the ideas behind my film.

I have done a brief profile of the audience that answered my survey. This is the feedback I have received from the survey I had created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment